New Adult Passport

All U.S. citizens over the age of 16 that have never had a passport before will apply for a new adult passport. If you had a passport issued previously but you were 15 or younger, you will now need to apply for a new adult passport or if your previously issued passport is more than 5 years expired.

Child Passport

All U.S. citizens age 15 or younger must apply for the Child Passport. This passport type is valid for 5 years. The child passport cannot be renewed. It is considered a new child passport each time until the applicant is 16 or older and then needs a new adult passport.

Passport Renewal

U.S. citizens are eligible for a passport renewal if their passport was issued when they were 16 or older and it is less than 5 years expired and not damaged. If your passport is more than 5 years expired, you will need a new adult passport. If your passport expires within 6 months of your travel dates, you will need to renew your passport before you travel. If your passport is damaged you will need a New Adult Passport.

Lost/Stolen Passport

U.S. citizens that are not currently in possession of their passport will need to apply for a Lost/Stolen Replacement Passport. The missing passport will be invalidated and a new passport will be issued.

Add Passport Pages

Adding passport pages is no longer an option. If you need additional pages, you will need to apply for a passport renewal. All new passports issued in 2016 will be the 52 page book.

Second Duplicate Passport

U.S. citizens that need to submit a passport for visa processing but also require a passport for upcoming travel plans may be eligible for a second duplicate passport. The Second Duplicate Passport is only valid for one year and the application requires that you submit your current passport for processing.

Passport Card Only

The Passport Card is only valid for land and sea travel between the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. You cannot use this to travel by air. The passport card is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

International Drivers Permit

The International Driving Permit allows U.S. travelers to legally operate a motor vehicle in over 150 countries. The IDP is a translation of your current valid drivers license.