China Tourist Visa

All people wishing to visit China  need a visa to enter the country for tourism. You can apply through iVisa

  • Applicant’s Passport, Passport MUST contain two blank visa pages side by side and be valid for at least 6 months after entry into China.
  • Printed Visa Application Form (Form V.2013) and Passport photo taken within the past 6 months – 2′ x 2′ passport photo of the applicant, front view with a white background.
  • If the applicant will not be applying with a US passport, also submit: Proof of Legal Residency: notarized copy of visa, permanent resident card or US passport or US birth certificate.
  • Photocopy of previous Chinese passports and/or Chinese visas
  • A letter of guarantee issued by a foreign transport company or an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity in China


* Any false, misleading information may result in denial of the visa or refusal of entry into China.
* Invitation letters may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout.
* The consular officer will make final decisions on whether or not to grant a visa and allowed validity, duration of stay and number of entries based on individual application.
* In accordance with a 2014 China-U.S. visa arrangement, U.S. citizens may be eligible for 10-year visa.
* Normally a child is not required to come to the Visa Office in person and the application can be submitted by the parent(s) or an agent

IMPORTANT: The US State Department strongly encourages American citizens planning international travel to register with the US Embassy(s) in the countries they plan to visit. You can do that by visiting